Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Chicago Application Progress

It sure has taken me a lot more time than I expected. I am still striving to improve the 1500 words essay. The biggest challenge with Chicago app is that it gives us only two big opportunities to convey our experiences. I have the framework in place where I talk about various decisions I made and what influenced those choices. It talks about various experiences and my learnings from them. The career goals is where I am facing the biggest challenge. Not because I am not clear, but because I am not sure how detailed it should be. Also I have professional and personal goals and talking about all of them is taking a lot of words.

The three short essays are tricky but do not provide enough opportunity to talk in detail about various interests and experiences. The last one of these is turning out to be the most challenging. There are secrets, but then there are no secret qualities I can talk about :) So still thinking hard on it.

Between the social issue and the personal development essay I choose the social issue one. I feel there would definitely be bigger social issues but this is the issue i feel most passionately about.I have experienced this first hand and have been involved in community service very deeply for over three years now it was my obvious choice.

i still need to talk to my recommenders and I am hoping they would be helpful.

3 comments:

Inblue said...

"There are secrets, but then there are no secret qualities I can talk about :) "

To be true i have struggled with for over a month. But read the question carefully " Most people do not know about you" MOST !!

It can be a sickness a little failure and very rare skill you dont use in everyday life.. anything ! Does that help ?

MBABlogger said...

Yes it does, I have thought of something on similar lines.. its just that I am still trying to see if I can get something better to talk about :)
Thanks for the pointers!!

kpmg said...

How are you on your Kellogg essays?

Going for R1 or R2? I'm going for R2