Monday, July 25, 2005

(Does)Slow and Steady wins the Race ???

It has beena logn time since I have updated the blog. That doesnt necessarily mean there is nothing happening on the GMAT prepration front.

I have been doing a lot of introspection about when exactly I want to apply for B schools and when will it be the right time to give GMAT. I have decided finally to go ahead and apply for GMAT now and apply to ISB this year itself.
I will have three years of work ex by then. Which I know is a bit less and it might be better to go in the next year. But, at the same time I know the learning curve at my job is not too steep at the moment and there might not be much fo a difference in the value I might have added on to myself during this one year period.

Outside work there is a lot I can do and add value,like, continue the work I am doing with an NGO, learn a new language and get involved in some other activites. But professionally I dont see much responsibility coming my way in next one year's time.

So now that I have decided I am gonna start off right away with my prepration. I actually bought a new study table chair for myself. have started off with reading Wren and Martin, the English grammer book(thats cos I dont have any other material at the moment)

There seem to be too many rules to remember and it looks daunting, but its a lot of fun too.

There was a funny thign mentioned there.

With uncountabel nouns we can use plural. Now advise ,scenry etc are uncountable.. but it was written that in India they are considered countable !!! I was surprised to see that.. Cos I never thought the same.. And I am sure most of the other Indians dont.

Guys if anyone of you can suggest me the best sequence to start off and which books to follow it willbe great. Cos i read a lot and have too much info now..which is confusing me a bit.

3 comments:

Dinesh said...

Have you checked out the test magic forums yet?[http://www.testmagic.com/forums]

Keven said...

I did a quick post on the GMAT here.

http://popscene7.blogspot.com/2005/06/gmat.html

Good luck with your prep.

MBABlogger said...

Thanks everyone for the tips.
I have started visiting sentencecorrection.com and testmagic and should make good use of the excellent resources there.

Keven your post was really good.