Sunday, March 05, 2006

9 days to go...

After a 740 in GMAT prep1 a score of 720 was not really very encouraging but still I think it was not really bad.

Now that I am done with both the tests I can start working with the Official Guide. I have high expectations from this book so lets see if it lives upto that.

I have started taking kaplan Higher score tests and plan to finish them soon. Got 640 in the first test. I think the standard of RC was really tough and I made a lot of mistakes.

I think CR is the only area where I have mainained a good accuracy rate in all the tests.
I was doing well in RC also till the last test in which RC was a big disaster.

In gmat prep 2 tests it was SC which bombed :(

But still on an average I am making around 7-10 mistakes in the verbal section.
In quants I have been a bit disappointed as so far I have n been able to get a 100% accuracy rate in any test as I am maknig some mistakes in data sufficiency. This is the biggest area of concern as I think if I can get all correct in quants then even if I do average on verbal I will get a good score.

6 comments:

Forrest Gump said...

just keep your focus going....and do your OG well.

also, quants come first, so if you keep your concentration right, there's no way you will make a mistake(hopefully)...quant in gmat is a little easier, but you still need to keep practising.

wish you good luck, looks like you will do pretty well.

i_will_make_it said...

Also try a written practice test without timing yourself. Try to nail most of the answers w/out the time constraint and see how you do. :-)

The time pressure adds more stress, so you'll see what areas you need to focus on by doing problems untimed and what types of problems do take you longer to solve as well.

Used timed tests to help pace yourself. Good luck!! I know you'll have an awesome score.

MBABlogger said...

Forrest and IWMI Thanks a ton for the suggestion and the wishes..wuld try these out.

kpmg said...

All the best man

I just picked up my copy of the OG today. But then, I'm planning to take the exam in June/July.

So at the moment, prep is still a bit slow...

Do tell how it went! :)

Vibhu said...

All the very best dude..

Marina said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes!