Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Clock has started ticking.

Saw the posts on Dave's blog

HAAS has released deadlines and essays

Round 1 Nov. 6, 2006
Notification Jan. 29, 2007

Round 2 Dec. 11, 2006
Notification March 19, 2007

Round 3 Jan. 31, 2007
Notification April 30, 2007
Round 4 March 12, 2007
Notification May 14, 2007


Chicago Announces new deadlines

Per Chicago GSB:
The 2006-2007 application for admission will be available by August 1, 2006. Our application essays will be posted on this website by July 1, 2006. We will also post a downloadable version of the application to this website in August.

Round Submission Deadline
Round One October 18, 2006
Round Two January 10, 2007
Round Three March 14, 2007

But none of my target schools have released the deadlines so far :)

The last week has been a little unproductive. I am done with the first draft for my Kellogg essays except for one.

I am taking turns to revisit the essays so that I have some time gap between my second reading and the first one. This helps in looking at it differently.

The draft seems fine, but somehow lacks a very personal touch. It sounds more like I did this, I achieved this and I learnt this. There is not much of my motivation, passion and me in those essays.
Its more like achivements essays and leanring from them.

In kellogg I have used different essays to highlisght different aspects as the word limit prohibits you from taking a lot in one essay.

All 2008 applicant blogs are a little too inactive now a days and I check for any updates everyday but then there are none most of the times :)
I guess they are all busy getting ready to get back to school.
All the best to them.

7 comments:

Forrest Gump said...

wow, you already finished the first version of your essays...man, you are gonna get bored of revising those essays, but that my friend, is a good thing. great going !

MBABlogger said...

Hey forrest but I am not sure how good or bad are these :) Nothing to compare them with..thats the problem :)

i_will_make_it said...

lol. I'm glad the '09ers are becoming active bloggers!

I think after all the excitement died down for us, many just wanted some time off? :-)

Traveling, school preparations, trying to figure out the best quit date, and calculating our impending debt... Ha. Yes, many things to plan and think about.

Hope all is well! Thanks again for being understanding of my slow e-mail replies...

A said...

Good going man! I think most of the schools' essays will be out in July.

UniQpath said...

Wow, you already completed the first draft!! Way to go! How was the experience?

UniQpath said...

I think one of the things you could do for the essays is stick to theme, rather than writing everything. So if you theme one essay around "teamwork", talk about your teamwork experience, how you do things in a team, what are your learnings here? Writing everything in one essay - will definitely run over the limit and the essay itself may not seem focused.

Inblue said...

you're great man ! finished the first draft ! Hope that will leave you a lot of time to mentor the other 09 gang on essays