Monday, October 23, 2006

Kellogg Submitted!

A little late in updating. I did manage to put in my Kellogg application as well. It was not as much sweat as I expected it to be and did not really have to slog in the end to put a good application.

I think I did a pretty good job at researching the courses, alums and other aspects of the school. The self evaluation essay was the most challenging one. I did not have difficulty in pointing out the weaknesses in my profile. But somehow because of word limit I did not spend too much time on them.

From all the blogs, forums and discussions I had some idea of what the schools look for. Exploring Kellogg website helped to some extent in knowing what kellogg specifically looks for. I used these to evaluate myself on each of these aspects.

Outside of Work was my most creative piece so far. I did a great job at it in the very first draft and it hardly underwent any change later on as well.

Leadership essay here was very different compared to other schools as we had to talk about leadership experiences and about the most vauable lesson learnt. I used two leadership examples, one from work place and one from community service to bring out the common valuable lesson I learnt.

I sure have a lot to share on this if I am able to make the cut. Till then I wont advocate much as not sure if my approach is the best one :)
Good luck to all others aspiring for Kellogg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! thanks for answering my question. I asked the adcom there, they are not strict on the word limit :-)

Anonymous said...

looks like you did a great job with your essays. good luck for the interview and the results.

MBABlogger said...

welcome uniqpath.

Forrest: I do not know for sure :) But I was myself pretty happy with them. How the Adcom looks at them.. I would know in few days !!
Thanks for the wishes and same to you

Anonymous said...

BOL! :)