Sunday, October 29, 2006

What If Syndrome is creeping in!

With Duke safely in I am very close to accomplishing the goal I had set for myself, hit most of my schools in Round 1. I am only left with Michigan, which I would be submitting in the next two days.

Last few months have been a lot of hard work and I am happy that I was able to focus so much on the apps and gave it by best so far. Now begins the long and anxious wait for the interview invites. There were times when I was really confident about my chances of making it to one of my schools because of my profile and belief that I have done a good job at the essays. But as the interview wait prolongs I do get a self-doubt once in a while. There are lots of What Ifs in my head:

What if my essays were not good enough for the schools I am targeting
What if the story did not make sense to them
What if the qualities I focused on in my essays are not the ones Adcoms look for
What if there are spelling mistakes and mention of school A’s club in essay for school B
What if my recommenders did some gross blunder

I am sure each one of you also might be going through the same What if syndrome!
Every time I have this, I look out of the window and take a dep breath. I tell myself that I gave it my best, and this is the person I am. If I am meant to be, I would shine through the competition, If I am not, then I will sit back and re evaluate myself and fight it out one more time. But I wont give up and in the end that is all that matters. The rest is destiny.

On a lighter side, I am reading The World is Flat and listening to a lot of music. I am also spending a lot of time meeting up with my friends. Calling my out station friends, who have been trying to hunt me down for a long time since I went under ground J

I am also eating a lot of delicious food outside as no more I am scared of falling ill. Nov 1st is when I plan to hit the Gym and I have a bet on this with my roommates. The feeling of being on the treadmill, sweating and pushing myself for one last mile is something I love and nothing can beat that.

Interview or no interview, admit or no admit, I am dying to get my life back!!!

3 comments:

Marina said...

It is a lot indeed but it is at least not tacky like most of the other cluster shirts

Inblue said...

What if is a common syndrome ! It happens, belive me it does and it also happens that out of the MBA apps even the worst Hindi movie looks so good to the eye

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. It definitely helps to relax.