Saturday, August 20, 2005

One Down....dont know how many more to go :)

I have been really keen on seeing what my score would look like if I take a full length test. But I had been restraingning myself from taking a full length test so that I dont waste one test cos of this temptation.

I did some basic stuff like reading the strategy to crack sentece correction and critical reasoning questions. I also did the Princeton review Verbal workout for sentence correction.
So finally I thought I should og ahead and take a full length test and I took the Princeton Review first cd test.Was taking it on my friends comp and it asked me to enter first word in Acknowledgement section for authentication, had to go back home and get the book.

So i did finally start my test.

First section promted to me was AWA and I dint even think twice before skipping the section :)
Next to come was Maths. I told myself not to hurry up through the section and give it with extra caution so that I dont make careless mistakes. I was pretty confident that I will get all of them right. Dint face any conceptual problems in any of the questions. But i guess that must be the case with most of the people. being an Indian male with Engineering background puts me in a good stead on my math skills.

The next section was the one where I really wanted to judge where I stand today so that I can plan my strategy accordingly. I was careful with the first 15 questions and gave them some extra time and went slow. I was trying to be careful and was also trying hard to keep my concentration level good. But looks like it dint happen :(

After finishing the test I was prompted if I would want to upload y score for which i said yes. But then my PC dint have anet connection so it dint happen. It then showed me the table where it listed out in each section which questions I got wrong and which ones I got right. Now here culd I find my score :(
Now I am still not surer how bad or decent my current status is. If you guys can help then here are the stats :

Quants 3 Wrong out of 37 and all of them were wide aprt and all after first 15 questions. Careless mistakes :(

Verbal wasnt as good as I wanted it to be. Anyway I know its the area I need to work on:
3 wrong in SC3 in CR4 in RC
so total of 10 wrong out of 41 :( But the good thing was no mistakes in first 10.

Any clues on how u think I stand at this point of time.I know it wont make much difference as neither will I get over confident nor complacent but still I had this curiosity to know the score.

Anyway I know the areas I need to work on now. So I will try harder to cut my mistakes there and be more careful in quants and not commit any careless mistakes.

Today is saturday but we are officially working as we have a release coming up soon :) Listening to Enrique One night stand have a grt day guys

6 comments:

Paa"ji" said...

Thanks for visiting my blog....glad you liked the pictures. I am still on the early learning cycle....hope it'll get better with time. :-)

U seem to be right on track for GMAT....have you booked your test yet?

MBABlogger said...

No paaji I havent yet booked my date yaar. Going a bit slow as I am nto planning to apply this yr. Dint want to rush up and make some mistake.

But I am not really enjoying this slow pace I am going on at. Might book it soon and start with full enthu for my prep

Forrest Gump said...

looks good ! keep the effort going ! should take you to your goal..where are planning to apply to ?(even if it is next year)

MBABlogger said...

Nivi: Thanks for the encouragement :) I am surely aiming for a score of 700 plus to make sure I land into my dream schools

Forrest Gump:

Well Well thats a tough question to answer ..more so cos I havent done much of research. but yes Kellogs, Ross, Wharton, GSB and Cornell are right at the top in my List.

Im a Rebel said...

"I took the Princeton Review first cd test.Was taking it on my friends comp and it asked me to enter first word in Acknowledgement section for authentication, had to go back home and get the book."..whats this word..i do not have the book but i have the test setup..could u plz lemme know

rohit said...

it is this one word that i am lookin for too :)