Monday, August 29, 2005

Target CrITiCaL ReasOniNG

Have been going real slow with my Prep so far as I was involved with some community work and also was over loaded with work at office.Now I have finished the community service project I was working on and also my office work load will be a bit lighter for next one month or so.

I have planned to attach the sections where I can attain 100 percent accuracy rate. I have identified Quants and CR as the two sections where I can aim at giving my sore aboost. For quants I am not doing anything specific as of now but I am pretty sure that with a little bit of practise and a great amount of concentration while giving the tests I will be able to avoid the careless mistakes I might make during the test.

For critical Reasoning I have started with practising the questions given in the LSAT. I read it on scoretop.com that LSAT CR is tougher and if we can practise with LSAT CR questions we can surely do good in GMAT CR.
You can go to scoretop.com and get loads of practise sets from LSAT to practise CR. So next few days I will be doing just CR and will also keep working on sentence corrections.

Somehow I feel that I will end up with 2-3 mistakes each in RC and SC and CR each. So if I can get all right in Qquants and decrease my mistakes in verbal I would be in a very good shape.

For SC I have finished Princeton Review and the Verbal workout of Princeton Review. I gave a test but still ended up with 10 mistakes in verbal section. I have to see how I can improve on Sentence correction in particular.

7 comments:

MBA Pundit said...

Both SC and CR can be improved a lot through practice. RC is difficult to predict as it depends on the specific passage. I have found Kaplan to be useful for SC and OG has good practice questions as well. Go to Scoretop.com also, it has good SC questions.

MBABlogger said...

THanks for the tips MAB Pundit and Metal.
I have so far only used Princeton Review and its verbal workout. Have got kaplan and am planning to get Kaplan Verbal workbook as well.

Metal, I havent yet taken a Power Prep was keeping them for the end.
Took a Princetone Review but was not connected to net and culdnt see my score. Got 10 wrong in verbal. 3 in Sc 3 in CR and 4 in RC . Quants was ok.. had some 3 mistakes I think.

KV said...

Keep up the hard work...it will pay off at the end!

Forrest Gump said...

CR - to me - was more POE(process of elimination) than SRA( selecting the right answer)....

also, if you need extensive practice, try the LSAT CR stuff - I faired miserably in the few I attempted, and finally gave up, because they were really depressing. But many people have found it to be useful.

Forrest Gump said...

ok, time to acknowledge, i wrote the comment first and read your post later....:)

MBABlogger said...

Thanks for the tip forrest :) I am trying my hand with LSAT .. i did badly in the first few and nwo its improving a bit.. I end with up 5 -6 mistakes out of 25 questions.. earlier it was around 8-9 .. some improvement :)

preeti said...

Nice Post.. Students looking for GMAT courses Should go for e-GMAT. Their 1500+ GMAT Verbal practice questions cover full GMAT Verbal Section. e-GMAT teaches you concepts used in GMAT grammar. At e-GMAT they make sure that you prove a good understanding of the basics before you attempt more difficult problems