Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Being is almost always incorrect on GMATLAND

A good improvement from the previous score in Sentence Correction.

I was might disappointed with my performace in sentence correction of the crack gmat diagnostic test i took. I sat down with Princeton Review Verbal work out and read about the 8 different types of error which are usually tested on GMAT.

It had some exercises as well for each type of error, it really helped in improving my ability to identify that error.There was a test at the end of it with 22 questions and I got only 4 wrong out of them, which I am sure is a great improvement over my previous performance.

Being is never correct in GMATLand :)
intent on is correct idiom intend to is correct to
Always try to underline the subject and the verb in a sentence and then see if they agree in number.This can be made complex by adding a lot of additional info in between the sub and the verb.
so much ..as is correct idiom

Process of elimination is the best way of tackling the problem. Going forward I have planned to solve all the questions witha scratch paper in which I will have a square for each of the choices and would write the reason as to why this is incorrect.This I believe will help a lot in gettimg more conceptual clarity.

3 comments:

i_will_make_it said...

Ugh. The GMAT. Great verbal tips. The verbal section was always my weakest area. Math, I love. But grammar always knows how to kick me in the butt. lol. Glad the test is behind me.

Good luck with all!

kpmg said...

Was thinking about your list of schools. On what basis are you applying to them? Just curious, am trying to find my rational for my schools selected.

Tuck, Chicago, Vlerick Leuven Gent, Empresa and hey, HBS ! :P

MBABlogger said...

well wannabe wharton and stanford i wuld surely apply as they r real good for not for profit courses. Kellogs has an amazing general mgmt course.. But i think there a long way to go before i start my research on which schools fit me the most.. this is a list I have on my mind with a limited research :) so it cna surely change a lot