Sunday, January 29, 2006

What if it was Real GMAT Verbal Section :)

Yesterday was a good day, it did a lot to boost my confidence level. In the monring I read the Sentence Correction section from the Kaplan book.
It was good, but I would say the Princeton Review Verbal Workout was much better to get the basic right.
Kaplan did give a bit of information about the 8 different types of error GMAT tests you on and gave some examples about that too.

I did not attempt the sentence correction exercise at the end of Kaplan as I was expecting them to be a little tougher and want to keep them for a little later.

I had read the sentence correction from PR Verbal Workout and attempted the sample verbal section test give in it. The test had 41 questions and I timed myself to get a feel of the actual section test.
The questions werenot tough, but still some of them were a little tough and I had to choose between the two choices I was left with.

In the end I was surprised to see that I got 38 correct out of the 41 questions.
I treated myself with an ice cream :) and dint study after that :)

From today back to studying !!!

6 comments:

Marina said...

Nice positive reinforcement :)

kpmg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kpmg said...

38/41 for verbal is godlike...

What's your secret?

I'm covering Reading Comp. now, still feel dissatisfied with my SC though. Any tips on that?

kpmg said...

I tagged you ! :P

Check on my post for the details :)

MBABlogger said...

marina@ :) yes ur right!! it felt good to see that score

@wannabe : well I think i concentrated real hard and tried Process of elimination too a great extent. I drew a table with 5 col in front of each Qustion and wrote for each choice why thats wrong. This way I did not do any careless mistake of not looking at all options before deciding on the ans and really trying hard to cross the wrong ones.. let me try it more and see if this can help so much always :)

preeti said...

GMAT Verbal section is one of the difficult section of GMAT exam. So those students facing problems in this section should go for e-GMAT to learn the concept of GMAT verbal Section. With their course, you can increase your verbal score by 8+ points and GMAT score by 4+ points.