Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Small Steps to begin with

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
--Robert Collier

I have spent my last few days trying to gather information on whats the best way to start my preparation and what should be my strategy to attack the test.

There is so much of information available out there and at times it got really confusing. I just wanted someone to come and tell me that do this and this and it would be done. But then it aint so simple, I finally tried to come up with my own plan of action and this is how it looks.

To start with I am going through some of the Verbal Notes complied by people who have done well at GMAT.
Sumeet Thakur's Verbal Notes

is a very good compilation and its helping a lot.
At the same time I have started visiting
testmagic.com
scoretop.com
pagalguy.com
sentencecorrection.com and they seem to be real good place to get your doubts clarified and learn new things.

Next I plan to start with Princeton Review Verbal owrkout and that should give me a good standing to get cracking on sentence correction.

Side by side everyday I plan to spend some half an hour on RC/CR form LSAT material I got from some forum. This would help me get in good shape for CR especially.

As of now this is what I have planned. Once I start implementing this I would have a fair idea of my strengths and weaknesses and I would be able to decide the future course of action.

I have plans to do Kaplan , Kaplan Verbal Workout and OG after this.

5 comments:

Marina said...

Thanks!

MBABlogger said...

Welcome :)

educatedunemployed said...

Hey good luck to you.Thanks for sharing the quote, and thanks for visiting my blog.

kpmg said...

Hello!

All the best with your preparations.

So far SC is making me depressed, can't seem to get more than 70% correct. CR is good, did some CR tests (old ones) and got 5/41 wrong. So that's pretty ok... I hope.

*sigh*

preeti said...

Those Students started preparation for GMAT exams should go for e-GMAT to learn. They are the best in the industry and have a good base of students. They offer 900+ questions for GMAT Sentence Correction Practice. GMAT offers most comprehensive courses on Sentence Correction.