Friday, February 24, 2006

Slow progress

I am done with the Kaplan Verbal workbook and almost half of kaplan 800.
The difficulty level of questions in Kaplan 800 is surely much better and it has helped me increase my accuracy in Critical reasoning and sentence correction.

Maths was fine, no great about the difficulty level.

Took another Princeton Review Test and scored 730 this time with a raw score of 46 in quants and 45 in verbal.

The good news is that I am scoring well in verbal and making around 8 mistakes in a full length test. The bad news is that I am still unable to put a check on the careless mistakes I am making in Data sufficiency.

I need to focus more and go a little slow in the maths section. I finished it with almost 40 minutes to spare.

Verbal i need to improve my focus and concentration level and that would help me push my score further up.

From where I am right now a simple zero error score in maths would get me a 750 plus and I need to focus on getting this right. After that even if I do just fine in verbal i will get a good overall score.

4 comments:

Vibhu said...

Great going dude.. tell me how to handle those unexpected lows in CR... when u think everything is going on fine... then out of blue a low score pops up and makes to think again of ur gear...

kpmg said...

Man. that is so weird. I rarely finish up with much time to spare on the Quant section.

Go go go, sounds like you're going to scoare >720s at the way you're going....

Howabout you sit the test for me, and if you get above 720, I'll pay you a bonus :P

Maybe you could turn it into a full time job... sitting for the GMAT on behalf of people :P

MBABlogger said...

@Vibhu: I think after the basic prep what we all need to do is just increase our concentration level and focus..if we are focussed and make an aggressive attempt at getting all right..I am sure we can do better.. sometimes we loose focus during the test and make mistakes.if w can avoid even a few it can increase our score a lot..Best of luck to u too

@Wannabe :How I wish that was possible.. I wuld have got better peopl to write for me and for you as well :)

Abt quants.. blame it on the indian education system :) Most of us are good with numbers. But its the verbal which poses a challenge :) Hope u r feeling better now.. when r u going in for surgery ?

Vibhu said...

thanks for the valuable inputs dude...:)

Will write the next practise test with my eyes in.